Airport Lounge Discussion

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,261 Member
edited March 2023 in Social Groups
WELCOME ONE AND ALL!! Frequent flyers and new flyers, this is the Special Lounge for you to come and connect with several hundred of your friends. Ask questions, chat and get to known one another. They will be your support group this Winter!

Please pull up a chair and begin to chat with your 5% Challenge Community Friends ... HICIM705

Your 5% Challenge ~ Overall Leadership Team:
Lynn (KALISWALKER), Heidi (HICIM705), Ceri (CERIUSLY1), Diane (DIANEDOESSMILES1), and Barb (LADYLUK1)

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,517 Member
    Options
    Good morning happy to be here!! Cold here this morning, going to get snow by Wednesday!!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,304 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    WELCOME ONE AND ALL!! Frequent flyers and new flyers, this is the Special Lounge for you to come and connect with several hundred of your friends. Ask questions, chat and get to known one another. They will be your support group this Winter!

Please pull up a chair and begin to chat with your 5% Challenge Community Friends ... HICIM705

Your 5% Challenge ~ Overall Leadership Team:
    Lynn (KALISWALKER), Heidi (HICIM705), Ceri (CERIUSLY1), Diane (DIANEDOESSMILES1), and Barb (LADYLUK1)

Thanks for the Warm Welcome, Kaliswalker!! So happy we all found this space and can use this space to gather, support one another, meet & greet new friends as well as those that we have known for years. I'm excited to get my 'healthy lifestyle' journey restarted ... I really, REALLY need this! I'll be looking for support here as temptations creep into daily life ~ looking forward to working with everyone!

Heidi (hicim705)
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,772 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, thank you all you leaders of this group, without you we wouldn't have this, really appreciate your dedication and time you have to give for us to enjoy these challenges.

It is 62 out, nice actually. We had a rainy cold Thursday through Saturday. Looking forward to meeting new friends and hearing from old ones. Have a great day.

Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
    - Wayne Dyer
  • peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,686 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Perth in Western Australia. A big thank you to all of our leaders, You are all awesome and amazing!
    aqwd7ur180ne.jpeg
    Well, its end of spring for me and summer is coming in with a vengeance here in Perth. We have temps of 37 for Tuesday but not F but C. Thats 98.6F! Thank goodness for airconditioning.
    Wishing everyone a successful challenge.
    o1air1f7oad0.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,364 Member
    Options
    @Lessennan , many may not be aware of the time factor. We do spend quite a bit of time, but you are all so worth it!
    @Lindiemaep ,, SEND IT HERE PLEASE!!! THANKS!! Hehehehe!
    @Novembergail ,,, LOVE having you with us!! I do believe in Jesus as our savior, but I do not celebrate. It is nice to have some in a better mood in the stores!! One young lady the other day was with her friends, they were in their young 20s. OH NO DOUBT they likely were way over spending. Their cart was so FULL things were teetering back and forth.
    @hicim705 ,, OH ME TOO!! Though I may opt to maintain this time around. My body needs to stop it's nonsense. LOL We'll be CHEERING YOU ON!!! HAPPY 2023 COOKING.
    @Kurtize,, HI!!! Its a JOY to be a leader, you all spur us on!! TY TY TY!! We just had 2 nice days, now that it's dark it just started raining, LOL I am okay with that!
    @peppikaye ,, Awww YW from us. AND WOW!! YO!!! It's not summer enough for that temp!! OH I feel like I'll melt at 75! Here's hoping you'll be SAFE from fires etc.

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    Walk treasures today are as follows:
    ia5ydugl2yu3.jpg
    Yes it is cold out and although the sun was out and was blinding, I managed to get a good picture of it rising and setting!! Mr Crow paused just long enough for me to get a couple of clicks no idea what he's got in his beak but he sure is guarding it ( could be mrs crow too ) I actually wore my winter coat today and a hat other then a ball cap, should had the ball cap on underneith so I can see LOL
    @Dianedoessmiles1 if we get any snow I will POST a pic for YOU otherwise I hope you get snow instead of me! Amigo at a little bit today, we got more meds for him and he is mad at me, it's ok, he gonna be mad again in 3 hours when he has to get more! I wish he was improving but just eating is an almost good sign. he's not breathing through his mouth anymore that I can see. AS he curled up in his cat tree, I got a hot wash cloth and wiped him down, poor lil guy had med on his white part of his lip where it spilt - I gave him a good rub down as he is not grooming. We will just take it one dropper of meds at a time and see how he does.
    @NovemberGail nice fireplace pic thanks for putting a log on the fire so it does not go out. It would be nice to have a fireplace here but my apt is already too hot to handle and I wear summer clothes all year round in this building. At least I won't freeze as some might have to put the heat down low to conserve energy as I see that being a big issue this winter for many.
    @peppikaye ohh I like that picture - how true ! Well it can if you let it right ?
    @everyone good to see you all here, I hope you all are settling in on your IBT and are enjoying the less hecktic pace, although I found this round of the Fall challenge well balance and easy to do and not frustrating but that is just me.
    Well my daughter, who is a nurse, has covid and is not doing well. I hope her beautiful furbaby Meeka does not catch it, but keeps her good company. She says she is really struggling with it! She is in another province so no chance of me going there to care for her.

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you to all the wonderful leaders who make this challenge happen!

Yesterday afternoon went to my cousin's 1st birthday party. It was so much fun! He always makes me laugh and smile. Him and his brother refer to me as Auntie Connie. As their parents want it as a respect thing.nch05t88hvu3.jpeg

Today was a quiet day. Went to church for the 8 am service as I do every weekend I am not otherwise busy. I also went to the 10 am service as that's the one my Son prefers. I only attend that service when my Son is staying with us for the weekend. When we got home we made banana chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs with ham, onion and cheese for lunch. We did a little decorating for Christmas as most of it is still in storage. I also took a short power nap. The rain and darkness all day didn't help motivate me much. Oh yeah also did 2 loads of dishes.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all had a great weekend. It was a really good weekend for me. A four day weekend was really nice. I needed that. Today is going to be a good day but I am sure it is going to be really busy. I am wondering what kind of things we will be dealing with when we get back today. I did have someone try to call the office on Friday but we were also closed on Friday due to the holiday. I am sure it will be someone complaining that we were closed. I feel like if they complain about us taking time off for the Holidays to be with Family they need to go to another insurance company.

@NovemberGail - This week in Church our Pastor and his family lit the Advent Candle. It was beautiful. I loved it.
    @Kurtize - It was nice out on Thursday and Friday. Our rain did not hit until Saturday and Sunday.
    @peppikaye - I hope you get a cool down soon. That is some hot weather.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope you are doing well. Wedding plans are going well. Lots of things have been ordered. We now have to wait for more money to hit the bank account.
    @LindieMaeP - It looks nice outside though. I get that it can look nice outside but be very very cold outside. Ball caps are good for blocking the sun. Sorry your daughter caught covid. I hope it gets better for her.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Nice that they call you aunt. I think it is a good thing. I went to church online yesterday. When we are so far away from the church we have to go online. I took a power nap also. I needed that nap.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I have already ate breakfast. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a beautiful sunny day to day and I have lots of outside chores to get done - that means shopping - I should have gone earlier but I did 2 loads of laundry first and got some good exercise in going up and down the stairs to tend to each load. Amigo made it through the night and we will see how today goes, I wish he would eat but he will eat when ready. He's in his cat tree and we have a pot of water on the stove to put some moisture in the air for him - the heat might be too dry. I do have a steam geni going as well. Just water, no oil in it.
    @Tabatha_Cain sure hope the customer was nice and not naughty so to speak, they forget that customer service folks are people too and have feelings as well. Thank you for your support about Amigo and such. Glad the wedding fund is growing!!
    @CSEGUIN2 nothing wrong with a slower day, we all need that from time to time - look at that charming young one !!
    @Dpecora653 "waving hi" good to see your post and the good advise too - I am not a gardener but I can learn, right ? Hope all is well with you !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 snow day tomorrow !!! lol not going out in it, well maybe if the flakes are big and fluffy and easy to photoshoot!! So I gotta get going now to get things DONE !!
    9cy1n5vq32iz.gif
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I am overcoming the Flu, and am a bit fuzzy-brained on this Marvelous Monday!
    Have a Wonderful Week!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,772 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, have a great day. Hugs and blessings. Nice today, 66 outside, thunder storms tomorrow (per weatherman). Kayla is getting her teeth cleaned today. Vet's here are so much more reasonable then in Oregon. Her cleaning will be between 230-270, depending if they have to extract teeth. In OR when I had her teeth cleaned last and they said they couldn't complete everything because she was waking up, was $650. Needless to say I didn't take her back to complete because that was going to be more money. It's not that I don't want her taken care of, we love her but my cleaning and exams don't cost that much.

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Our Moana Loa Volcano began erupting last night so the whole island is in a tizzy. I pray my friends who live in the path of the lava flow are safe. We never know just where it will go, so we're on alert status. Any pictures are both awesome and frightening.
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is having a great Monday. We are having some crazy weather here. We have been in high 40's and low 50's. Tomorrow we will get up to 65 and we have a good chance of bad weather. They say we could be looking at tornados, high winds and hail. My new car comes in on the 30th and I pray we don't get any bad weather that will damage my car I have traded for the new one. How ironic would that be?
    @Marileighea Sorry you have had the flu. I hope you feel better soon.
    @LindiemaeP We are having beautiful weather today too. Tomorrow is severe weather with chances of tornados and hail. I would much rather have snow. I sure do hope that Amigo gets better soon.
    @Patti241 Good afternoon Patti. Hope you are having a good day. Love your pictures and it looks like it is a bit chilly outside.
    @Tabatha_Cain Those people that get mad when you are closed for the holidays must not have enjoyed the holiday with their family. We all need some time off .
    @Cseguin2 What a cute little boy! Love that they call you Auntie. It's always fun to get together with family.
    @Dpecora653 Thank you again for the message. I always look forward to reading them.
    @Peppikaye You are so right about our leaders. They are awesome!

Have some errands to run so must get off of here now. I too appreciate our great team leaders. They make our team awesome. They put a lot of time doing things to make our challenges fun and exciting. Thank you ladies for your time and energy and you all make this team like a family, Like a family I need and care for.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,364 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Awwww can you BELIEVE IT we STILL have NO SNOW!! Shoot right now it's 50!! HUH???? Its MAINE and the weather is NOT reading the directions. Sure hope Amigo is going to pull out of this. TY for the update.
    @Dpecora653 ,,, Awwww Debbie TY TY TY TY TY for being with us!! We ALWAYS love what you put up for motivation.
    @Cseguin2 ,, Awww Connie he's so ADORABLE!!! As are you!! LOVE your smile. Great day!! WOOHOO!! WTG!!
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, TY TY TY I am struggling, but a HANGING ON IN!!! One appointment on Weds I doubt will help, but it SHOULD! Its with Cardio, LOL I hope she's ready to hear "TELL me what's REALLY GOING ON! I am NOT A WHIMP!" Everything used to hit the portal it no longer does. Hopefully the funds for the wedding will come in soon.
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti! Hope today you enjoyed how WARM it is! YO!
    @LIndiemaep ,, you are SUCH A TEASE!!! LOLOLOL
    @Marileighea ,, PLEASE TAKE CARE!! Do not go fast, go slowly it's an awful flu indeed!
    @Kurtize,,, Oh I GET IT!! To have a front tooth out for Izzy it was 850!! HUH??? I could of taken taken her to a kitty bar, gotten her drunk on a mouse drink, and had her get in a fight with another cat , who could of just knocked it out a LOT CHEAPER!!! Just the price of a kitty aspirin in the AM! AND the drink for the kitty who knocked it out of course. LOLOLOL
    0a6tf52aocht.jpg
    @Lavalily ,,, OH NO!! PLEASE OH PLEASE ERR on the side of caution!! Do you have a TO GO bag ready and where could you actually go?
    @Grannysue91 ,, Awww GF you know we love you!! Sue and many of us go back to the days of the Dawggie team. Sue is very modest, but this woman has fought and won against breast cancer. During her treatments which were FAR from easy, Sue stayed ON THE TEAM and did as she could. She's given us so much courage!! Sue, if the storm hurts the car,, AARRGGHHHH, but it's not yours until you get the keys so if that happens it'll be their responsibility, but MAN GF STAY SAFE!! As I recall your area got hit by straight lines winds a few or so years ago?